The Bucket List
Grandpa Joe and Grandma Greta are my favorite people in the world..they are the coolest grandparents ever..I mean we do everything together..be it hanging out at Mc Donald’s and eating till we have not an inch left in our stomachs..be it taking a walk in the park..or be it sneaking them chocolates(mom doesn’t allow chocolates at home because Grandpa is diabetic)..we all are partners in crime you see. So, my Grandparents have been planning to do something grand for themselves(as they know they are not going to live for very long now-I know that’s messed up..but they explained me how it is the circle of life and inevitable, of course)..they have prepared a bucket list for themselves and they have roped me in to go through this list and do it with them.
- Explore Paris: My grandparents wanted to go to Paris since forever, so they finally booked tickets after years of pondering..we three packed our bags and took a flight to Paris..we visited all the tourist places there and ate all the food we could lay our hands on..trust me, it was such a beautiful trip..I absolutely loved Paris and my grandparents enjoyed it to the fullest. Finally they ticked off one item from the list.
- Learn a foreign language: Now, my grandparents had a thing for literature, so they decide to learn French before going to Paris..it was a bonus as another item from the bucket list was ticked and the language was not a barrier for us in Paris, too.
- Meet Dwayne Johnson: My grandparents were huge ‘Dwayne The Rock Johnson‘ fans and they could not stop talking about the personality he had..so, to fulfill this wish, my dad made some calls..he had to take in a lot of favors for the same, but somehow it was possible! After the meeting both of them were on cloud 9 as they couldn’t believe that such a huge star was so humble yet so enigmatic. They were in awe of Dwayne Johnson..and correctly so!
- Learn how to ride a penny board: What are penny boards in simple terms was my dad’s question as he could not understand my grandparent’s obsession with them..my grandpa told that penny boards are a smaller version of skateboards which are made out of plastic (instead of wood in the case of skateboards)..we all were very worried about grandpa’s and grandma’s safety..so we hired a twenty year old expert to teach them how to ride them..but one the condition that they would be loaded with protective gear..which they agreed to..so my grandparents learnt how to ride a penny board(even before me..I was dead scared as opposed to my oldies). They enjoyed a lot while doing this.
- Meet their school friends: My grandparents were high school sweethearts..so they had common friends and one friends group with four other friends..luckily, we were able to track all of them out and they all met in their school itself..watching them reminiscing their school days was an absolute pleasure.
- Skydiving: Their last wish in the bucket list was a rather dangerous one..we all were concerned about their safety, but both of them convinced us to let them do this last thing, so next week we will take them to skydive..although it is a part of their bucket list, I’m excited!
Just when I think of loosing them, I cry and I deny but I still cherish that now they do not have any unrequited wishes in their minds..I know that whenever they will go, they will be satisfied and happy.