Best Food to Pair with Wine
If you are a wine lover, then you would definitely be in search of food that can pair with wine. Wine tastes great, but if it is paired with an appropriate dish along with it, the taste becomes more exotic. Here is a list of 10 best foods that pair very well with any type of wine.
- Tomato Flavoured Dishes: Dishes like Pasta or pizza made by high end use of ripe tomatoes work very well with wine. The tangy nature of tomatoes regulate the acidity level of the wine and helps to retain the real taste of wine.
- Seafood: Seafood pairs well with most of the delicate wines. The low fat content of seafood makes it a perfect companion of port wine as well as red wine. It also matches perfectly with white wine like Sauvignon Blanc as the levels of carbs in Sauvignon Blanc is very low.
- Cheese: Cheese is a very good pairing option with wine. Cheese has many types and has a high amount of fat content. So, it can mix up with the taste of wine very well. You can pair cheese in many ways, from cheese sandwiches to grilled cheese fritters.
- Fruits: Serving wine with fresh fruits is always a good option. Fruits can be consumed as salads or desserts with wine. It is easy to prepare and consumes less time, so it is one of the perfect choices for wine lovers.
- Grilled Chicken: Everyone loves Grilled chicken and it is also the favorite of wine lovers as it pairs well with almost all types of wine. The juicy taste of Grilled chicken is a born appetite with low carb wine like Sauvignon Blanc. As carbs in Sauvignon Blanc are pretty less so it is a good match with grilled chicken.
- Barbecue: Barbecue dishes have always been a popular pairing option with wine. Smokey flavoured barbecue mixed with tangy sauce when served with veggies can enhance the taste of any wine.
- Green Salad: Green vegetables and earthy foods like mushrooms, basil, or mint can be served with wine to make it a nutritious meal. Green salads can enhance the taste of red wine and white wine to a great extent.
- Spicy Meat: Any meat seasoned with spices can pair with wine very well. Wine can reduce the extra fat content of red meat and make it a tasty and healthy snack. Spicy meat has been a good pairing of wine from the early days of wine.
- Pork: Pork is one of the most liked pairing options with wine among people who love extra fatty food. Pork cooked with spices or barbecue and paired with wine can give an excellent taste and a protein-rich meal.
- Salty Snacks and Chips: Though mostly under-rated, Salty snacks and chips can be an excellent pair for wine. People who love chips and those who do not have adequate time to cook can pair their glass of wine with chips.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you have any queries, please leave your words in the comment section.