Be Selfish..Love Yourself!
Ruby and Mona are two hard working interns at a hospital who is trying to make it as surgeons..both of them have a dream of becoming successful cardiologists and having a good name for themselves..but this kind of name, fame, money and success comes with a cost, you need to dedicate a whole lot of your time in practicing at the hospital..I mean doctors have to work about eighteen hours of shifts to reach the position of being called a successful or expert surgeons.
While Ruby and Mona were more than happy to devote themselves towards the hospital, they couldn’t help but think that they have zero social life..I mean sure, they are doctors and nothing is more important than saving lives, but they need to step out somewhere else for a change..they needed to find a little me time for themselves. (After all, they are humans, right?)
So both of them decided to make a to do list and exchange it with each other..they decided to keep a track and tick the boxes for the other as and when the things mentioned in the list were done..
Ruby had the following things in her to-do list:
- I need to groom myself- waxing, eyebrows, upper lips, bleaching, facials, manicure, pedicure,etc.
- I need to rearrange my furniture to make my house look different.
- I need to get a pet so that mom doesn’t feel so alone.
- I need to do some clothes shopping for myself.
- I need to Netflix one full day..lying in the bed..doing nothing.
- I need a girl’s night out.
- I need to sign myself up on Tinder..I really need to meet a partner and go back on the dating scene.
- I need to take a trip..somewhere far, far away.
- I need to buy myself a decent cellphone..the current one is on it’s death bed.
Mona’s to do list was as staggering as Ruby’s:
- I need to go to the beach and lie on the sunbed with a drink in my hand..I want to get tanned
- I want to re-organize my comic book collection in comic book boxes..my precious collection is uncovered and they might get ruined(Courtesy :my pet dog Goofy)
- I want to meet my old friends and spend a whole day with them.
- I want to visit my grandpa and grandma..they are living in my native place.
- I want to start planning my wedding with my fiance(he has been my fiance from the past three months and we haven’t even finalized the date yet)
- I want to go to an amusement park and swing all the rides possible!!
- I want to attend a comedy show and laugh my wits out.
- I want a crazy, drunk, embarrassing night out with my fiance and friends so that I have an embarrassing story to tell my kids in the future.
- I want to propose my fiance in the cheesiest way possible..I want him to feel like the most special man on this planet.
- I want to be a mom.
The to-do lists were spread out over the time period of three years and both of them promised to each other(and themselves) that for once, they will be selfish and do what they have written in the list..sometime, someday.